Is your contact center having a bit of an identity crisis? Are you at a crossroads where you need to figure out if you are content with what you have or ready to invest in a new way to deliver great customer service? As a customer experience professional, everywhere you look you see tips for achieving success with your employees, company, customers, and even yourself.
Maybe it’s time to pause, take a step back and reflect on the words of Steve Jobs, who said “…simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.”
Below are five simple strategies that any size organization should consider to cost-effectively increase the service level in the contact center:
1. Design with Your Customer in Mind – One of the best ways to make sure you are delivering a high-quality customer experience is to design a solution with your customer in mind. Mapping out their customer journey will help you build a solution that more effectively addresses their needs and will help resolve them quickly.
2. Don’t Be Afraid to Automate – By supplementing self-service automation with your live agents, you can actually help increase the satisfaction of your callers by enabling your support personnel to more effectively address customer inquiries or concerns.
3. Move to the Cloud. Cloud solutions are all about flexibility. They allow you to make changes to how interactions flow at a moment’s notice. You can immediately scale to meet peak call center volume levels by quickly reacting to ever-changing customer needs and demands. And you can easily test new interaction flow designs to see which works best for your customers.
4. Don’t Have a Siloed Contact Center – Today’s technology enables contact center solutions to integrate fully with customer databases and CRM systems. When an interaction comes into the contact center, you should be able to access your company’s database to retrieve related details, such as customer records, purchase history, or billing information, to facilitate the engagement.
5. Measure and Evaluate Your Efforts – The availability of web-based, real-time reporting empowers contact center management to adjust efforts on the fly to make changes to their support centers as often as they like and, ultimately, improve results and enhance customer satisfaction.
The above five simple strategies can be implemented by any organization, no matter the size, revenue level, or industry. You can cost-effectively increase the service and satisfaction levels of your contact center. If you want to learn more, Genesys recently released a white paper titled, Five Simple Strategies to Make Your Contact Center a Success, featuring the benefits checklist for best-in-class qualities for your contact center solution.
So, don’t be embarrassed if your contact center is having an identity crisis. Reinvent it and chase after your dream now that you know the simple path toward building a best-in-class contact center in the cloud!
If you are ready to try a new solution, sign up for free 30-day trial of the Genesys Premier Edition – Virtual Contact Center today!