A decade ago, the old adage “you don’t know what you don’t know,” aptly applied to consumers when it came to customer engagement. When a customer needed support, had a question, or had a change to their service or order, typically the sole option available to them was to call their vendor, listen to really bad music while waiting for an agent. Simply put: companies provided purely reactive customer support.
Oh, how times have changed. Fueled by more demanding customer expectations, and enabled by the ubiquity of mobile technology, today’s consumers have new expectations for how they interact with companies. In fact, a recent Forbes article states that 87% of consumers want to receive proactive communications from companies they do business with.
So now that the vast majority of today’s customers have experienced receiving helpful information about products and services they use, and have come to expect proactive customer support, companies can no longer hide from offering this capability.
Outbound engagement solutions are leading the charge in this new era of proactively communicating with customers, changing the starting point of many customer interactions. Your customers now know what they are missing as businesses can keep them informed, properly set their expectations by proactively sending them timely, relevant, and personalized information.
And consumers aren’t the only ones receiving the benefit of outbound engagement. Businesses are reaping rewards too by sending customers welcome messages, alerts, notifications, confirmations, reminders, and surveys – all with the explicit aim of keeping consumers informed on what they can expect as they do business with your company. These communications are proven to:
- Build customer loyalty
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Lower operational costs, including reducing the number of inbound customer calls
- Drive new revenue opportunities
- Compliment traditional inbound contacts
- Be effective along the customer journey by reducing the number of interactions required
Confused on where and how to get started? Genesys identified six critical components needed for a comprehensive outbound engagement strategy. The outcome: deliver great customer experiences while driving bottom-line results. Recently we held a webinar about the following six key components:
- Offer a Variety of Integrated Outbound Channels; including outbound IVR, predictive dialing, text messaging, email, and push notifications.
- Easily Create and Manage Your Own Campaigns using self-service solutions for list management and campaign management.
- Communicate Across Channels by coordinating blended and escalated contact strategies as part of a single customer interaction.
- Simplify Compliance with Self-Service tools to help you meet evolving regulatory requirements and business policies.
- Capture and Maintain Customer Opt-In Preferences to preserve the customer experience and satisfy evolving regulatory requirements.
- Leverage Integrated Analytics to improve campaign and agent performance.
Your company may already utilize proactive communications in a limited fashion. But, have you stepped back and established a comprehensive outbound strategy? Watch our webinar on demand, Six Critical Pieces of an Outbound Communications Solution. We’ll show you how to craft the ideal proactive customer engagement strategy for your business.