Recently I was watching the classic baseball movie, Field of Dreams – you know, where the farmer hears the voice from the cornfield say, “If you build it, he will come.” The famous quote made me think: if your company asked you to build a contact center from scratch what would you do? Now, wonder if this same voice added a caveat, “but we are not changing your budget.” Would you immediately feel disappointed? Or, would you say this is an easy home run and immediately start building you contact center in the cloud? Cloud–based or virtual contact centers (VCC) enable you to manage your contact center at any time, from any location. This transforms the contact center, its agents, and its management. For example, a virtual contact center enables businesses to coach new agents from a central location, check on call volumes and response times from their smartphones, and make changes from virtually anywhere. Simply put, a virtual contact center allows managers, supervisors, and agents far greater flexibility to deliver consistent, seamless and personalized customer experiences. As your business grows, VCC cloud services allow organizations to scale operations quickly, ensuring you can handle growing demand or traffic spikes, without downtime or the need for additional investments. And, importantly, by shifting to a cloud-based VCC, organizations can meld interactive voice response (IVR) capabilities with automated call distribution (ACD) to rapidly deploy contact centers with minimal upfront investment, thereby cutting costs and complexity. If you are considering the move to a cloud contact center, take a look at this benefits “checklist” below to make sure you are getting the latest and greatest capabilities:
- Customer service operations that can be fully monitored, from any location. Plus, agents have the ability to work from anywhere, even using mobile devices.
- Web-based monitoring that can be accessed from anywhere, including mobile devices.
- CTI or screen pops to ensure agents don’t waste time asking customers to repeat information previously entered into the IVR.
- Intelligent skills-based routing with proficiency levels to ensure the call gets to the most appropriate agent, driving first call resolution.
- Live quality control monitoring of customer calls, including the ability to whisper to agents for coaching purposes, or step in if a conversation reaches an escalation point.
- Call recording for training purposes.
- Workforce management integration to ensure agents are properly utilized during work hours and customers are served in a timely manner.
- Out-of-box integration with CRM platforms to immediately leverage customer information, without the need for costly custom software integration efforts.
- Advanced analytics that track the customer’s experience from start to finish, across the customer journey. Analytics should measure the success of any automation effort and determine which customer profiles respond to automation, using insights to fine-tune application performance.
- Proactive outbound notifications that deliver key information that customers need to know, reducing inbound calls and contact center costs.
To learn more, you can read this recently released Genesys white paper titled, Automating Customer Contact Centers to Gain Agility and Analytic Insights.
If you are ready for a cloud contact center, you can start today! Sign up for free 30-day trial of the Genesys Premier Edition – Virtual Contact Center solution and take your customer experience to the next level!