Successful brands know that the contact center plays a huge role in delivering great customer experiences and driving long-term loyalty. The need for new capabilities made available quickly and cost effectively means considering a variety of deployment options, influenced by everything from corporate culture to future growth.
As companies map out strategies to modernize and expand their contact center capabilities, there are three major architectural options to consider:
- Stay with a legacy, on-premises model
- Move contact center operations to a cloud-only architecture
- Transition to a hybrid solution – a mix of on-premises and cloud solutions
Each of these options has its advantages and challenges, as every organization has unique characteristics, requirements and business plans. After a careful assessment, one of these three options typically surfaces as being more viable and advantageous in improving overall customer experience for your company.
As companies set out to determine which approach is best for them, below are key questions to help you with that evaluation:
- How big is your contact center?
- How important is it for executives to maintain visibility and control over your solution?
- How quickly do you need to bring new capabilities to market?
- Does your organization have constraints around capital expenditures?
- How geographically dispersed is your contact center and your workforce?
The answers to these questions will usually point you in the best direction regarding the optimal architecture and deployment model for your company. More often than not, organizations are choosing the cloud, but hybrid models provide powerful options for companies not quite ready to make the move to the cloud.
Choosing the right partner to help you execute on that choice is also critical, given all the concerns around security and high availability, regulatory and compliance issues, and ensuring that you have a strong technology platform that supports new channels and your future growth.
If you’d like to learn more about which option is best for your company, check out our on-demand webinar titled, Cloud, On-Premises or Hybrid? – Top Five Considerations in Choosing Your Contact Center Solution. We’ll tell you everything you need to know to make the right decision!