Ever since I have been watching Star Trek I have been fascinated by the concept of ‘parallel universes’. The idea that a whole other world exists and things happen right in front of us, without being able to see it seems mind-blowing.
However, your contact center and your customer base could be living in two Parallel Universes as we speak!
Understanding what customers want, what they mean and what they really talk about can sometimes be difficult to grasp when you run a contact center operation, or it takes a lot of energy at a very minimum.
Even back in the days when contact centers were really call centers handling just voice, getting a full view of what is being ‘said’ was complicated enough.
You could feel your customers are speaking in Parallel Universe?
With the rise of new channels this problem only get’s amplified. Having a full view on the customer conversation becomes harder and harder as the number of channels used increases.
However, the value of having that understanding is profound:
- You would understand what your customers contact you for
- What topics drive more conversations than others.
- Give first hand customer satisfaction information on that latest product launch
- Get quicker detection of defects or issues and communicate them to your R&D team
- Spot sales opportunities sooner
- Rescue customers who show signs of churning
To bring those two parallel universes back in sync and get the right view of the customer conversations you could consider investing in Conversation Analytics capabilities such as:
- Indexing of all customer calls so you can search them like if you were on Google
- Analyze all text-oriented channels to get the full picture
- Categorize interactions into key areas of interest such as complaints, billing questions or signs of churn.
- Map outcomes to your key metrics
Analysis of your interactions can all of a sudden reveal great information within a matter of hours instead of weeks or months:
Having this insight does not only accelerate your customer service strategy to Warp speed, it could even put a smile on Dr.Spock’s face if he was one of your customers.
To learn more about these capabilities please click here or download the whitepaper The Customer Interaction Analytics Chapter of the US Contact Center Decision Makers Guide.
Follow me on twitter: @stefancaptijn