Space: The final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Its 5-year mission. To explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Being a Star Trek fan, the opening line of each episode still speaks to my imagination. Space has always kept me fantasizing about what could be out there, wondering where do you end up if you just keep traveling beyond our own galaxy into unknown territory.
Closer to home, in the contact center domain, there seems to be a realization on our own planet that there is indeed a final frontier out there. After optimizing the voice channel, introducing the web channel, and more recently bringing social and mobile channels into the mix, organizations are now looking at optimize the efficiency of their workforce beyond these communication channels, exploring new ways to get work done – efficiently and most importantly, on time.
For those that have ventured into this new frontier, the returns they are seeing are very impressive and sometimes go beyond our imagination.
Here are 5 tips to help you reach this final frontier in your contact center, which can increase both top and bottom line performance:
- Dynamically prioritize interactions and work items across systems and processes.
- Push work items directly to the best available employee.
- Forecast and schedule work items for all your business processes.
- Blend work items with voice and digital channels.
- Implement a single performance dashboard for interactions and work items.
There are many examples and proof points that this approach yields great results, here are some below:
- Bank Hapoalim in Israel managed to reduce the time it takes to complete tasks by 40%.
- Sasktel in Canada was able to achieve a 15% reduction in FTE staffing costs.
- The Ministry of Justice in New Zealand successfully reduced the backlog of fines and increased fine collection capacity.
Is improving workforce efficiency across business processes really the final frontier of the contact center? Of course, it’s hard to predict what will emerge in the future, but for now, automating your business processes is certainly uncharted territory for many contact centers out there. If you can conquer this frontier, you can take your customer experience to new heights.
To learn more, check out latest Tip Sheet on Improving Workforce Efficiency Across Business Processes. You’ll learn how to to improve efficiency, reduce response times and increase sales conversions. Get it here!
Follow me on Twitter (@stefancaptijn) or connect with me via LinkedIn.