As today’s consumers become more and more impatient, the need for companies to provide “instant gratification” is increasing when it comes to customer experience. This trend not only puts real pressure on your company to react quickly, but it also requires you to leverage your resources in a highly efficient way – across all channels.
The fact is that companies are expected to keep up with the fast pace of these consumer demands – otherwise they will lose out to a faster competitor. When you look at channels like social, chat or SMS, they require monitoring and reaction times that are much more aggressive than what we’ve experienced in the past with email and other traditional methods of communications. Not responding effectively and quickly can be disastrous as today’s consumers are not afraid to let other people know about their experiences on social media.
There’s no doubt that we have seen an explosion of channels. This is compounded by the fact that with consumers’ closely guarded smart phones and mobile devices in-hand, they are always on – and always ready to engage with a company or business to get something they want.
For companies, it’s become a balancing act to deliver great customer experiences:
- On one hand, you need to offer more and more channels and touch points to engage with consumers where they are – on their preferred channel
- On the other hand, it’s imperative that you provide fast, seamless, low effort experiences to customers, while effectively managing costs and resources at the same time
For many companies, the move to omnichannel customer experiences can be a huge challenge – especially when existing point solutions are in place for certain channels. To deliver the seamless, consistent and personalized experience that today’s customers demand, many companies are turning to the cloud due to the following benefits:
- Agility – The cloud gives firms the ability to adapt more quickly to market requirements. Whether it’s adopting a new channel, supporting a new touch point, or creating a new customer journey, the cloud enables you to do it right away.
- Speed to market – The cloud, by nature, can be deployed very quickly and companies need to keep up with the fast pace of their customers – especially when it comes to new channels.
- Trying new capabilities – Companies can now trial new capabilities, and tailor them along the way. The cloud provides flexibility to turn-on and turn-off functionality on the fly.
- Ability to deal with variations – The cloud provides instant capacity to absorb traffic peaks and manage valleys, ensuring that all traffic on all channels is properly handled at all times.
- Technological currency – New channels are constantly popping-up. Businesses can now rely on ready-to-use cloud-based solutions that support the widest range of channels.
If you’d like to learn about Genesys cloud solutions, see why Frost & Sullivan recently recognized us as the 2014 North American Cloud Customer Contact Solutions Company of the Year. You can read our press release here.
If you’d like to learn more and get an analyst’s view from Frost & Sullivan, check out this on-demand webinar titled: Deliver Strong Customer Interactions from the Cloud – Anytime, Anywhere. You can view it here!