Engaging customers and winning their loyalty can be a challenge. Consumers want to contact you through the channel that best fits their needs at that time. Factors like age, geographic location, time of day and market play roles in the type of channel they prefer. It’s not a one-size-fits-all approach—and it requires omnichannel customer engagement.
The Genesys State of Customer Experience report provides insights about how customers prefer to interact with your business; it gathered data from about 2,000 consumers and 1,300 businesses. The first three chapters of the report provide data and best practices for meeting customer goals and needs based on journey mapping and optimizing business structures.
Chapters 4 and 5 of the report cover how the increased use of mobile messaging, asynchronous communication and digital engagement affect customer experience. Mobile messaging apps have become a communication phenomenon—their convenience and ease of use make them the go-to engagement channel for billions of consumers. This is no surprise given the ubiquitous nature of our mobile devices.
Here are some highlights from these chapters:
- 53% of consumers prefer to use a mobile messaging channel.
- 83% of consumers still prefer a voice conversation for customer service and support.
- Email preference has declined and now ranks lower in satisfaction.
- Nearly half of North American customer care respondents do not use any social media reporting or dashboard tools.
- Latin America and Asia Pacific regions lead the way in letting consumers choose mobile messaging channels for customer service and support.
- Consumers in North America and Europe are far more conservative when it comes to using digital channels.
The following infographic from the Genesys State of Customer Experience report data gives you a detailed look at how mobile channels affect your customer experience. Get the full customer experience report and best practices for creating the customer journey.