In our rapidly evolving world, customer experience (CX) is one of the greatest sustainable differentiators available. You can always find opportunities to get ahead of your competition based on your ability to execute. Research from Watermark Consulting shows the stock valuation of companies identified as CX leaders grew 107.5% from 2007-2014. This is 35% higher than the broader market and 80% higher than the CX laggards.
Great CX Delivers Sustainable Differentiation
While CX leaders work to deliver consistent, personalized and low effort experiences across channels, they’re growing customer loyalty, sales and profitability, and streamlining operational efficiency. In comparison, the CX laggards are struggling to stay relevant with increasing churn and customer acquisition costs as their customers gradually defect to the leaders.
Selecting the Right Customer Experience Platform is Half the Battle
Selecting the right technology to implement your customer experience strategy is a foundational success factor. While technology and customer expectations are evolving rapidly under pressure from digital transformation, traditional contact center platforms are struggling to keep pace. A prevalent challenge is that most implementations include the deployment of siloed interaction channels (e.g. voice, chat, email, web, mobile and social) where each customer interaction is managed in isolation. This fragmented approach to customer engagement commonly results in customer frustration, missed sales opportunities and reduced operational efficiency.
So What to Look For in A Customer Experience Platform?
In a nutshell, an effective platform for customer experience must be proven, workforce aware, support omnichannel customer journeys, manage SLAs effectively across self- and assisted service channels, and be flexible to meet your unique deployment requirements.
- Proven Customer Experience Leader – Select a partner with a proven track record, a strong vision, and the scale and expertise to partner with your organization to add value every step of the way.
- Single, Workforce Aware Platform – Look for a continuous workforce optimization solution that is seamlessly integrated with the routing capabilities, enabling you to obtain both workforce optimization capabilities and your contact center infrastructure from one vendor. This helps you reduce over- and under-staffing, guard quality and compliance, reduce operational overhead, and find “root cause” to improve business processes.
- Personalized Omnichannel Journeys – Choose a platform that can move you beyond random interactions to orchestrated journeys, while supporting the eventual shift from single channel, single department solutions to an enterprise-wide customer experience solution.
- SLA Adherence across all Channels – Look for a single queue managing all channels that’s continuously reprioritized via agile business rules to ensure your workforce is optimally utilized, working on the right task at the right time, and managing SLA adherence across your work inventory.
- Flexible Deployment to Meet your Needs – Given that your requirements will evolve and expand over time as your business grows, look for a proven solution with deployment options across the spectrum from pure cloud to fully on-premises that can flexibly scale to grow with your needs.
If you’d like to learn more about the key capabilities that a true CX platform should deliver and why, download the eBook Five Capabilities to look for in a Customer Experience Platform and check out the on demand webinar Not all CX Platforms are Created Equal.