Yes, you have heard all of this before. And you have also heard Customer Service is a key differentiator and create customer life time value is a sound, sustainable business strategy. However, recent research from Ovum reveals that customers are adopting the use of multiple communication channels at a staggering fast pace. 74% of customer use 3 channels or more to get their question answered or issue resolved.
Ovum calls these ‘High Velocity Customers’. Are you ready for them?
High Velocity Customers want service fast. And they will switch from one channel to the other within one service request and your challenge is to keep up with this, understand this behaviour and even more important: adapt to it. High Velocity Customers expect you to move at the same pace they are. So how do you do that?
There are many aspects to this and they can be split in to the classic domains of ‘people, process & technology’. If we zoom in on the ‘technology’ part it basically means:
- You need one contact center solution that manages all of these channels.
- Your CRM solution needs to be integrated to this solution to provide a 360 degree view
- Your reporting and agent scorecards need to be able to provide the multi-channel view
- Your agent desktop needs to be able to handle all these channels
- Your Workforce Optimization Solution needs to be true multi-channel
My perspective on High Velocity Customers is that they want to have ‘Cross Channel Conversations’ with your company.
To learn more about the Cross Channel Conversation download the whitepaper, Connecting the Dots: Proven Methodologies for Managing Customer Conversations today.
Follow me on twitter: @stefancaptijn