Managing Social Media has dominated blogging over the past 3 or 4 years and most of the postings I have read point to how wonderful it is and how it will revolutionize your business, which it can. However, most of the blogs I have read have focused on how to use Social Media for marketing or to guard against PR ‘disasters’.
Delivering Social Customer Service however has had less coverage yet it’s an area where many organizations have struggled. Often they have tried to manage it within Marketing but they soon found out that it really needs to be handled by the ‘customer management experts’ in the Customer Services team.
Here are 5 steps to consider for a successful Social Customer Service operation:
1. Establish – Develop Social Customer Service business plans, governance model and platform.
2. Engage – Create a specific Social Media Customer Service Team.
3. Structure – Connect with other business units.
4. Manage – Develop and implement appropriate KPIs and reporting.
5. Optimize – Integrate Social Customer Service across the broader Customer Service operation
Following these 5 steps will enable you to establish and develop a consistent and effective approach to delivering Social Customer Service.
To learn more please watch our webinar OnDemand, 5 Steps to Delivering Social Customer Service. We will dive into the details and also present a DEMO.