Back office departments today are far better equipped to deal with customer requests than they were 10 years ago. Through business applications such as CRM, Business Process Management (BPM) and workflow tools—the design of business processes had been greatly optimized and streamlined. However, the big gap that most of these systems leave you with is their inability to manage and optimize your most expensive resource: your back office workforce! Despite the enormous investment in back office systems to drive essential work flows such as CRM, ERP and BPM systems, companies still experience tremendous inefficiencies like cherry picking of work by employees, working to average time versus actual time, misalignment of key resources, and higher turnover. Back offices all over the world have to deal with a number of different bottlenecks, often referred to as the “four Vs” that lead to back office inefficiency.
- Volume – Teams in the back office deal with a flux in volume that makes it hard to match supply with demand, in terms of staffing.
- Variety – There can be a large number of different task types and not all employees are trained to handle every task.
- Variance – The handle times in back offices are different from one employee to another.
- Visibility – In most back office operations there is very limited visibility on employee performance and key metrics, such as number of tasks handled and handle time for each task.
In order to reduce the ‘average days outstanding’ for each task, a number of capabilities can be implemented that complement your existing CRM, BPM or Workflow. These capabilities are delivered through a new emerging application category called Enterprise Workload Management Solutions. If you are interested in learning more, check out our webinar on the ‘Top 5 Plays to Improve your Back Office Productivity for 2014’ taking place on January 29. We will outline key strategies and capabilities that will help you provide your customers with a consistent ‘end-to-end experience’, increase operational efficiency and boost employee morale. During this webinar you will learn:
- The Top 5 Plays that will help you improve Back Office productivity in 2014
- How to maximize productivity and deliver great customer experience that is predictable, with just-in-time work assignment
- How you can meet SLAs, lower costs and drive better business results
Check out the on-demand webinar here. Follow me on twitter: @stefancaptijn